SLC 5/05 MSG (Read/Write) to/from ProLinx PDPMV1 Profibus Gateway

bardo9

Hello,

New to the forum here, and to the controls industry.

I am trying to do the following:

Read and Write to a 5204-DFNT-PDPMV1 ProLinx Profibus Gateway over Ethernet/IP in RSLogix500 using a SLC 5/05 (ethernet) MSG instruction.

Currently, I have an IFM AL1010 I/O block (slave) connected through a profibus cable to the gateway (master). On the IFM I/O block, I have 4 DI's (Us) and 4 DO's (Ua). These inputs are all functioning correctly, as set up by the ProSoft Configuration Builder (PCB) Software Tool.

My goal is to read the 4 DI's in the SLC 5/05, and write to the 4 DO's with the SLC 5/05.

It is my understanding that the MSG instruction is required to complete this task.

Thanks,
Dan

Similar Topics

Hello. I have a new 5069 L320ER that I installed and I am trying to read and write data to an existing SLC5/05 via Ethernet. They are both on the...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I'm finally understanding a MSG instruction a little better. My question is , I'm using a MSG read in a CompactLogix to see...
Replies
Views
I'm getting error 16#0008, unsupported service request in my MSG config. I have a CompactLogix w/L33ER. In slot 10 I have a Prosoft MVI-DFCM. I am...
Replies
Views
I programmed a couple of MSG instruction for a PLC5/80E to write and read data to a SLC 5/05 thru an Ethernet network on non-continuous mode. It...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to MSG from a SLC 5/05 to read a single INT from a PLC-5. I can't for the life of me get it to work! SLC Ch1 Config RsLinx...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom