Graphing in FactoryTalk SE

USNRBrandon

Is there a way to generate a line graph in factorytalk SE? Specifically, I'm trying to graph cam profiles using master points as the X-axis and slave points as the Y-axis. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?
Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!

USNRBrandon said:
...generate a line graph...point me in the correct direction...

Oh, I see what you did there!

The tried and tested method to achieve the plotting of X and Y axis data points is by using FTViewSE Animation. You use a parameter file to call in all the X, Y coordinates from the controller and then use horizontal and vertical animation to plot the data points on the Display.

Here is a step by step on how to implement it...

118693 - Using ViewSE Animation to plot points
Access Level: TechConnect

I do hope you have TechConnect Support Contract as that's a lengthy procedure for me to explain in writing. If you are not in Support then let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Note: It will plot points but they will not be joined by lines. Obviously, the more often you plot data points the more legible it should be.

Regards,
George

Have you tried using an ActiveX control?
There are several provided, the most flexible is the "MicroSoft Chart Control 6.0" It is complicated, but should do what you want directly embedded into FTView with live data.
An option if you don't need it embedded with live data is simply to use a button to call up an Excel workbook with the chart on it using datapoints from DDE perhaps, or by dynamically writing a source file from View with VBA.

Thanks!

Thanks guys for helping me out. I ended up finding an ActiveX control called NTGraph and used VBA to push the tag values into it and display the graph I needed. I'm not terribly pleased with how VBA handles tags from FactoryTalk, but it works so I guess I shouldn't care.:( Anyhow, thanks a bunch!
Brandon