Input fields are cross hatched

gusterminator

I recently did a clean install on Factory Talk View SE client. Version 7 with 40 patch up dates. I have everything working properly except for the input fields. The area to type in the speed change is cross hatched out. I did have a VB error alarm at the bottom of the screen, I'm not sure if this is related or not. Does any body have any ideas on where I should start to solve this issue.

Thanks

Gus

This worked for me

1. Ctrl-Alt-Delete and select Task Manager

2. Under Processes tab, select RSLinksNG.exe and end this process.

3. You may need to select the show processes from all users check box at the bottom left of the Task Manager Process Screen.

PS it may take a couple minutes.

I tried ended the process RSLinksNG and nothing changed. I noticed an alarm that popes up when I open up the screen with the input in it.
cause: Microsoft Forms 2.0 Text Box: Newer File version of Active X Control required.

cause : Microsoft Forms 2.0 Text Box: CAB file missing on the server: http://hmi1/RSviewActiveXControlsetup/FM20DLL.CAB.

By reading this I would think I have a file on the computer the HMI is installed on that has an old version of forms 2.0........or maybe a newer version than the server. All other HMI's are working fine and I copied there HMI file over to the computer that isn't working so the actual FTView File is the same on all computers.

Any idea's

Thanks.

So your input field isn't a FTView SE Input Field, its a Microsoft Forms Text Box. Yes you've run into an old issue. That's why I avoid using ActiveX objects in FTView. Many Microsoft products upgrade the FM20.dll, such as Microsoft Office. You either have to upgrade the Forms .dll or edit the screen on a computer with the correct version.

Thanks for the help, what I ended up having to do is search the computer for the FM20.dll file and delete it from the directory. Then I did a search on one of the computers that was working. I copied the file over from the working computer to the directory of the non working computer.

Cheers

Gus