Does SGDV Yaskawa Servo controller support PROFINET

Prince

How should I order SGDV servo driver to be equipped with PROFINET. Do they really support PROFINET network?

What does "Command option attachable type (for rotary servomotors)" mean in the catalog?. is it the network option?

Do I need to order any special software for PROFINET communication?

I don't think the Sigma V series supports Profinet. I know for sure Ethernet/IP, Modbus, Mechatrolink, and I believe they are working on EtherCAT.

I also think there's a new generation of servo drives coming out, either way you'll probably have to contact your rep for details.

I am not aware of Yaskawa Sigma V (SGDV) series servodrives supporting Profinet. In addition to their own Mechatrolink bus and the good old analog/encoder interface, they have EtherCAT and (I beleive, still) DeviceNet options; both being available via "snap-on" option modules.

Now, their MP2000/MP3000 series PLCs (or motion controllers) do support Profinet, both as a controller and as a device. So your options are pretty limited: you may set up a PLC with Profinet module as a device and to program it to do the motions via Mechatrolink drop to an SGDV drive or drives.