PanelView 600 + PLC5/40 RIO COMM

ddsiller

Hi there,

I have a PannelView 600 connected to a PLC5/40 RIO. But they are not communicating.

I have set the PV600 Communication in PannelBuilder32:
Rack Number: 1
Rack Size: 1/4
Starting Group: 0,1
Pass--Trough Enabled: Yes
Last Chasis: Yes
Baud Rate: 57.6K

I have set my PLC5/40 in Rslogix 5:
Channel 2B - Scanner Mode
Rack Number: 1
Rack Size: 1/4
Group: 0
Baud Rate: 57.6K

Those settings look appropriate.

Rule #1 with DH+ or RIO devices is to switch the blue and clear wires if they aren't communicating.

How long is the cable ? Did you install 150 ohm terminating resistors ?

In general a PLC-5 will detect a PanelView Standard with the Autoconfigure feature on the RIO channel if it's connected correctly.

Those settings look appropriate.

Rule #1 with DH+ or RIO devices is to switch the blue and clear wires if they aren't communicating.

How long is the cable ? Did you install 150 ohm terminating resistors ?

In general a PLC-5 will detect a PanelView Standard with the Autoconfigure feature on the RIO channel if it's connected correctly.

Ken That solved my problem.
I switched Clear and Blue and worked perfectly. I was using the same cable with a PowerFlex 700 and the Same PLC5 without switching and it was working great.

Where can I find more information about Cable Configurations? Or could you explain me why or why not switching? That would make my life much better.