Identification and passage system

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

Couldn't work out a good topic for this thread.

I have a customer that wants to keep track of his employees when they are at the site. He want a system where every employee has a tag/card/key or similar. When they come to work and when they go home they have to log in and out with the card. At the work there are several workspaces, lets say 20. He wants them to log in and put the key in some sort of docking device of that workspace they are currently working on. He then wan't to log this to see what the empleyees are doing and how long it takes etc etc.

So they have to swipe the card when they enter and they have to log in by putting their card in some sort of docking device at the workstation. I haven't worked with this kind of identification systems before. Is there something we can use? Or something similar? I think that it will be hard to find a product that allows both swipe and docking device. My first thought goes to a magnetic card or something.

I would prefer it to be over profinet since it will be easier to install.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks /Tim

There are a lot of proprietary systems out there for this exact purpose - if it were me, I wouldn't bother trying to reinvent the wheel! As bright676 mentioned, Kronos is the one that I'm most familiar with but I'm sure there are others.