Upgrading a Panelview Plus 1000

bobwithdana

I just upgraded my Panelview Plus 1000 firmware and windows CE operating system from version 3.0 to Version 3.1. Everything went perfect except when I try to open a Backup .APA file created with 3.0 in 3.1 I get the following error message.

Check for sufficent disk space
Check the appliation does not exisit
or make sure the application is not open.

None of those are the problem.

Any ideas?

<smile>

I just got burned by this one too!

Found out the long and painful way that the install didn't check versions of all the required software.

For RS View Studio, you need to completely uninstall Studio, runtime, RSLinx Enterprise, RSLinx, and the FactoryTalk platform, and then install them in this order for best results:
FactoryTalk platform
RSLinx
View Studio (which will install Linx Enterprise).

You also do not have to un-install any of the other deveopment packages (PanelBuilder, RS Logix, RS Networks).