Quickpanel HMI

N20D5OH

Hey all. I am in the process of upgrading all of our legacy Omron PLC's to CP1L-E's and installing a shop floor data acquisition system. A couple of the machines have Quickpanel HMI's. I have the .prj files but do not know where I can get the software to open them. One of my vendors gave me a demo version of Proficy Machine Edition and thought I should be able to open the files but no luck so far. The reason I need to do this is because for some reason on two of the machines the HMI's will not write to the new PLC. All of my alarms show up correctly so I know it's able to read, but none of the buttons will activate the bits in the PLC. All of the communication settings are correct. The legacy processors are both CQM1H's. At this point I'm just hoping someone can open the files for me so I can just duplicate it on one of my new NB screens I have. This dropbox link has a picture of the HMI for reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dke05t4p84yjvyw/Quickpanel.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
The older Quick Panels used software called Quick designer which saved the project with the .prj extension.
Start a new project in Machine Edition using "QuickPanel" as the project template. Then right click on the HMI target and one of the items in the list is "Import" where you can import the .prj file.

The older Quick Panels used software called Quick designer which saved the project with the .prj extension.
Start a new project in Machine Edition using "QuickPanel" as the project template. Then right click on the HMI target and one of the items in the list is "Import" where you can import the .prj file.

Thanks a ton. I was actually able to do it but got this error for the Omron protocol not being supported.

Quickpanel2.jpg

You will need to use Quick Designer software to open your particular file. I think I still have it somewhere. If you post the .prj file I'll see if I can open it for you. If your company won't let you post the file on a public forum, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

You will need to use Quick Designer software to open your particular file. I think I still have it somewhere. If you post the .prj file I'll see if I can open it for you. If your company won't let you post the file on a public forum, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks a ton, Steve. I would buy the software if it was available still.

Here is a dropbox link to the 3 I have. I greatly appreciate the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v798sfrytu01a65/AADWedUi9d9-PPN_CE_snLE5a?dl=0

I ran into a problem. I only have a CD with Quick Designer version 3.4. Your projects were created with a newer version so I can't open them. I seem to remember that Quick Designer went as far as version 3.6 or maybe 3.7.

I thought I had a newer version installed on an old laptop, but I can't get that laptop to boot up.

Edit:

Check out the Proface website. They hold the rights to the original Quick Panel line and Quick Designer software.

Last edited:
I ran into a problem. I only have a CD with Quick Designer version 3.4. Your projects were created with a newer version so I can't open them. I seem to remember that Quick Designer went as far as version 3.6 or maybe 3.7.

I thought I had a newer version installed on an old laptop, but I can't get that laptop to boot up.

Edit:

Check out the Proface website. They hold the rights to the original Quick Panel line and Quick Designer software.

Will do. I actually own the latest Proface software. I wonder if there is a way to import it into there. Thanks again for the help, Steve.