AFTER CHECK THE DRIVE OP IT 0-20mA

AT AI MODULE IF I CHOOSED 2 WIRES NO OPTION FOR 0-20 ONLY 4-20
IF I CHOOSED 4 WIRES THERE IS 0-20 MA OPTION

AND DRIVE IS TWO WIRES.

if i choosed 4 wire return value of fc105 is 8

PLEASE CHECK ATTACHED

Any one can help??

New Bitmap Image.jpg New Bitmap Image (3).jpg New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

On some Siemens Analog Input modules, there is a selector switch (a square black thingie on the outside of the module) used to choose either '2 wire' or '4 wire'.

There are only 2 terminals for either '2 wire' or '4 wire' selection', but the '2 wire' selection puts 24Vdc power onto one of the two terminals. It's called an 'active' input and it is intended to provide 24Vdc power used to provide 'loop power' to a 'loop powered, 2 wire' field transmitter.

The 4 wire selection does not have any voltage on its input terminals. It is assumes that field device provides power to an active 4-20mA output.

I suspect that the AC880 drive is an active output; that the AC800 powers the 4-20mA signal internally because the 3rd screen shot of the drive's analog output makes no mention of passive or requiring a DC power supply.

If the AC800's analog output is indeed an active output, then you would select the Siemens '4 wire' option and rotate the square selector thingie so that the alphabet letter corresponding to the 4 wire selection is the one used. Connect (+) to (+) and (-) to (-) and things should work.

The letters C and D are used for 4-20mA but I can't remember which is 2 wire and which is 4 wire. Your analog input manual will tell you.

On some Siemens Analog Input modules, there is a selector switch (a square black thingie on the outside of the module) used to choose either '2 wire' or '4 wire'.

There are only 2 terminals for either '2 wire' or '4 wire' selection', but the '2 wire' selection puts 24Vdc power onto one of the two terminals. It's called an 'active' input and it is intended to provide 24Vdc power used to provide 'loop power' to a 'loop powered, 2 wire' field transmitter.

The 4 wire selection does not have any voltage on its input terminals. It is assumes that field device provides power to an active 4-20mA output.

I suspect that the AC880 drive is an active output; that the AC800 powers the 4-20mA signal internally because the 3rd screen shot of the drive's analog output makes no mention of passive or requiring a DC power supply.

If the AC800's analog output is indeed an active output, then you would select the Siemens '4 wire' option and rotate the square selector thingie so that the alphabet letter corresponding to the 4 wire selection is the one used. Connect (+) to (+) and (-) to (-) and things should work.

The letters C and D are used for 4-20mA but I can't remember which is 2 wire and which is 4 wire. Your analog input manual will tell you.

Thanks for that
regarding to choosing A,B,C or D it is seen after chossing like attached

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Last edited: