RSLogix 5000 Rung Comment List

ctf12

In RSLogix5 there was the ability to turn on Advanced Diagnostics in the project tree in order to show a list of rung comments (in the project treet) which gave the user the ability to jump to a specific rung in the code.

Is there anything similar in RSLogix 5000 Studio Designer?

Welcome to the Forum !

The Search -> Browse Logic (Cntrl-L) feature in Logix 5000 is similar; it gives you an overview showing the Routine descriptions and the Rung Comments and a summary of the tags affected by each Rung.

Instead, consider taking each section of code that you would have marked with a rung comment (in RSLogix5) and placing it into its own routine in the program. Then the routine name will mark your section of code.

Organized code is one of the features that RSLogix5K shines in: routine -> program/phase -> task.

As far as I know there is no equivalent in 5000 for the Advanced Diagnostic function that was in RSL5 or RSL500.

I have missed the feature a lot, never understood why it was not included. It made it a piece of cake to navigate a new, but well documented machine.