Portal Pro V13 SP1 + WinCC Comfort/Adv V13 SP1

JiNCs

Hey folks!

Just upgrading to Portal and completing install and got a querry.

When you install WinCC, there are two DVD's. After the first DVD installs, it says its complete and never asks for the second. When I put that DVD in, it doesnt auto-boot and start/complete install !??

How do I install DVD2 of WinCC Portal and what is it for?
Is it required for the install?

Thanks
JiNC

I do have an issue with the download to the touch.

I have a 2AG10 315-2 v2.6 processor connected to a TP1200 HMI via profibus. I am using Step7 v5.5 for the processor and WinCC Portal v13 for the touch. I cannot use Portal for the processor because of older hardware.
I cannot get the touch runtime download to complete successfully !!!!

I have tried routing the download through the processor from MPI to Profibus as well as direct downloads. The recent direct ethernet download found any and all firmware and OS upgrades transferred but when got to the runtime program, it stops each time at 51% complete. The error in Portal is transfer error. Although the runtime is migrated from Pro Tools, the simulation runs fine on my laptop. Also a new totally different Portal runtime with only two screens and no buttons, created in Portal, does the same, stops at 51% complete.
The download when routing can never find the target touch so I cant start the download.

I found documentation that says, it is better to route the download versus a direct download. I cannot either to work !!!!!

1) Should the download be through routing, in my case from MPI to Profibus?
2) Should a direct ethernet download from laptop to HMI work?
3) Is the 2AG10 315-2 CPU capable of routing?
4) any ideas on why the direct ethernet download fails?

Looking for assistance !!
Thanks
JiNCs

51% download error sounds weird to me. Does it give a specific fault code in the fault window, or does it just say "Transfer Error"?

I almost always use Ethernet to download to the panels, it works just fine. A few tips: You want to have an IP address in the same subnet range of your panel; it is usually easiest to have a static IP address on your laptop. You usually need the panel's IP to already be set in the control panel of the HMI.

If you want to try routing, take a look at this FAQ: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/90528617

Basically, there is an S7 Subnet ID that the PLC uses for routing purposes. If it doesn't match in both projects, it won't work.

Thanks mk42

Yes 51% does indeed sound wierd. There is a fault code and I will ask about it. The code is WIERD as well:

DOWNLOAD CANCELLED DUE TO A TRANSFER ERROR: 8020AB0019AFFFF4!

Havent been able to find anything on it. Looks like a memory address or something.

On the routing, I already had the procedure you linked. Thanks. I have tried it before but will try after some alterations. That procedure is why I asked which is better. It clearly states its better to do routing than direct. Thanks again on direct ethernet downloads.

Alls appreciated.
JiNCs

Thanks mk42

Yes 51% does indeed sound wierd. There is a fault code and I will ask about it. The code is WIERD as well:

DOWNLOAD CANCELLED DUE TO A TRANSFER ERROR: 8020AB0019AFFFF4!

Havent been able to find anything on it. Looks like a memory address or something.

On the routing, I already had the procedure you linked. Thanks. I have tried it before but will try after some alterations. That procedure is why I asked which is better. It clearly states its better to do routing than direct. Thanks again on direct ethernet downloads.

Alls appreciated.
JiNCs

When it says "The download of a WinCC (TIA Portal) project from the configuration computer to a panel should not be made via a direct connection but via an S7 routing with an S7 CPU connected in between." I think the "should" is a mistranslation. That often ends up meaning "if the user wants to do this", not necessarily "this is the only way to do it".

If you have an error code like that, I'd definitely recommend calling Siemens tech support. There is no charge for basic support (during business hours, for current products, etc), and they can usually decode the cryptic error messages whenever I run into issues. 800-333-7421.