Citect V7.2 Security

josh_d

Hi,

Got a site here upgrading Citect v7.0 to v7.2.

On the v7.0 system, no login was required to control the plant, acknowledge alarms etc...

Now with v7.2 we have to log in to control the plant and acknowledge alarms etc...

Is there a new setting in the citect.ini file that governs this?

Oh, and auto login of an operator is not really a preferred solution.

This is a big issue at the moment!

Any help much appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I guess I had the same problem.

I had no security levels but could not control a merker with Citect, meaning I could only see tags but not control them.

The sollution was just to log in as a user.

Not sure what your problem is - first you had no security at all, so isn't auto login exactly the same as you had?

Just because I'm passing through I'll offer my solution.

Citect changed their security version 7.1 onwards, it requires a login to be able to issue any server side commands. To disable this (its enabled by default).. set the Citect ini parameter:

[LAN]
SecureLogin = 0

From the CSE:

[LAN]SecureLogin
Security measures are active.

When set to 0 security measures are disabled and the system acts as it did in versions prior to 7.10. When disabled, [LAN]EarliestLegacyVersion setting is not used, as legacy connections are allowed.

If setting [LAN]SecureLogin to 0 to remove security measures, the INI parameter must be set on all PCs in your system.

Note: This option provides low security. Use only if network is not accessible to outsiders.

Allowable Values:0 or 1

Default Value:1