gsv instructions rslogix

stu

Hi guys
I have a project in my head that I'm thinking of putting on our machines to help the engineers to fault find ?
On our machines we do not have any Info if a module has a fault or failed , I understand that you can use an gsv to get the module info then that number = the fault if i wanted to get info from all the modules say 10 modules I would need 10 gsv instruction is this right? Or is there an easier way Thanks stu

Hi guys
I have a project in my head that I'm thinking of putting on our machines to help the engineers to fault find ?
On our machines we do not have any Info if a module has a fault or failed , I understand that you can use an gsv to get the module info then that number = the fault if i wanted to get info from all the modules say 10 modules I would need 10 gsv instruction is this right? Or is there an easier way Thanks stu

You've got it right - 1 GSV for each module...

To use GSV on module information - you will need to have given each module a name in the I/O configuration, something that is optional for I/O modules.