You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #16
liberati
United States

I asked an AB Rep and this is what they provided me.

This only works for win 2000 and XP. Hopefully it can shed some light for those that have vista or seven.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/68481

There is a small .reg file that after you merge/reboot should fix it right up.

At least it worked for me.

JustAGreenHorn
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #17
Donald Widdows
United States

Did not work for my problem with Windows 7 64-bit. Something happened to my laptop when it crashed and was not restored properly. I had to get everything wiped out, including the operating system, and start all over again.
Old October 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Timeismoney08
United States

This is a well known issue with View ME.This issue appears frequently if power is lost suddenly. AB is well aware of this issue.

You need to uninstall and reinstall factory talk services platform. This can be done in your control panel or your orig install cd . Hopefully the hard drive has been cloned before, because most of the time it will not uninstall.

I have further instructions from AB if you can't succeed. It will involve going into your registry.

Let me know if you need further help.
Old October 29th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #19
xC0MMAND0x
United States

I've been having this same issue FTSE 6.1 running on Server 2008 64bit. Chat with Rockwell Support didn't lead to any resolutions either...Any ideas?
Old October 29th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #20
xC0MMAND0x
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeismoney08 View Post
This is a well known issue with View ME.This issue appears frequently if power is lost suddenly. AB is well aware of this issue.

You need to uninstall and reinstall factory talk services platform. This can be done in your control panel or your orig install cd . Hopefully the hard drive has been cloned before, because most of the time it will not uninstall.

I have further instructions from AB if you can't succeed. It will involve going into your registry.

Let me know if you need further help.
I just did a full uninstall of FT Service Platform, then a reboot, then an Install, then a reboot again - same error.
Old October 30th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #21
Timeismoney08
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by xC0MMAND0x View Post
I just did a full uninstall of FT Service Platform, then a reboot, then an Install, then a reboot again - same error.
The only way you will have luck is to have a Clone of the hard drive it corrupted prior to the issue. AB is really being an A##. They are well aware of this issue. Send me your email and I'll send a copy of the instructions to modify your registry.
Old October 30th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #22
liberati
United States

It is an issue with a corrupted registry I believe. If you do a uninstall and re-install you may want to grab a reputable registry cleaner maybe CCleaner or another. Uninstall then reboot. Then use the registry cleaner then reboot. Then re-install and see if that works. Have to get that **** out of the registry I believe.
Old February 1st, 2018, 08:38 AM   #23
ppchasse
United States

Smile Factory View ME Failed to initialize the service

I had the same issue twice. One had the same issue after FTview crashed while trying to copy and move something on the screen. I did what Jmveerkamp suggested and it worked. I also didn't lose the unsaved work when it crashed. So thanks for the info.
The other was because I wasn't connected to FactoryTalk. Once connected it seemed to have fixed the issue.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum