You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 2nd, 2018, 07:55 AM   #16
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I am with Ken on this one. I have a boatload of G304K2 from Red Lion out in the field and have had no failures. The software is free and extremely capable. The Kadets are probably going to be replaced by the CR-1000 series, so it might be wise to use the CR-1000 or CR-3000 series going forward.

I have the 4" models on a lot of pump station panels, and one of them even acts as a protocol converter for some Danfoss drives allowing the little Micrologix PLC to start/stop the pump and monitor and control speed and current without any analog wiring.

Once you get used to Crimson software, nothing else will be good enough and you will save a ton of time.

I just installed my first batch of CR-1000 7" HMIs and they are really nice and just slightly more expensive than the equivalent Kadet. It uses Crimson 3.1 software which is nearly identical to Crimson 3.0 and will import files made with 3.0.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 08:15 AM   #17
dginbuffalo
United States

Another vote for Red Lion. Great product, free software.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:22 PM   #18
cardosocea
United Kingdom

Interestingly, I noticed that Siemens HMI's can be interfaced with AB PLC's via EthernetIP.

I haven't checked the pricing around me for a 4 or even 3 inch one, but it's a possibility... which would definitely shock the AB fan base on site.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:27 PM   #19
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardosocea View Post
The weintek modules seem good enough, but I can't find a distributor in the UK from their website. Do you know where these can be purchased from?
We sell them and ship to the UK https://www.plccable.com/weintek-hmis/

Next week we are going to start selling the 12 and 15 inch models, we also sell Red Lions if you like them
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old February 2nd, 2018, 04:26 PM   #20
passwordg
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aabeck View Post
then added a WiFi router to the panel.

What does this mean ? Do you mean a wifi adapter ? Wouldn't the tablet already have one ?

Also which tablet did you use ? We tried zebra windows tablets but they lose connectivity way too much.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 05:52 AM   #21
Toine
Netherlands

On a similar note, does any of you have suggestions for an industrial HMI with touch panel that doesn't require it's own programming but rather displays an HTML5 visualisation in a full screen browser?

So far we use Weintek screens for smaller displays on simple processes, industrial panel pc's or full blown pc with industrial touch screen when we need a larger screen. Both have their pros and cons.

The Weintek screens are affordable, software is free. Downside is it requires another programming environment. I'd prefer to do all programming of both logic and HMI in one package, with HTML5 web visualisation.

Industrial panel PC's (or panel mount touch screen + PC) are mostly Windows based, require an OS to be installed and maintained, the hardware is less reliable and operators may be tempted to add their own sh#t that we don't want on industrial systems (play music, watch video, check email, social networking, you name it I've seen it).

Ideally I'd like something like the Weinteks but with no HMI programmed on the panel, rather just a full screen HTML5 browser, no extra strings attached. Easy setup, low maintenance, reliable. Preferably no aluminium as our systems are often used in corrosive environments.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:49 AM   #22
cardosocea
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by passwordg View Post
We tried zebra windows tablets but they lose connectivity way too much.
Why Zebra? Aren't those the ones with incorporated barcode scanners?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum