You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #31
Malador
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

The serial cable from the place Mickey suggested arrived in the mail about an hour ago. I was able to clear the fault and assign a new IP address with the cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geospark View Post
..............If you establish comms, please try to upload from the PLC so we can look at the Major Error in the application. If you wipe it with a download you won't learn from this..............
Unfortunately the PLC was password protected, so i had to wipe it.

Thanks again everyone's help!
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:53 AM   #32
Geospark
Ireland

Very good Malador.
It's ok if you wiped it, you can still simulate Major Error 0187h if you want to. Power down and unplug the module from the controller. Power up again and it should fault. Reverse to clear it. Don't plug in or our while powered up.

Have fun!
Old January 30th, 2018, 09:09 AM   #33
KasCo
United States

I just bought two ML1100's and they both have the Major fault code=0187h. I'm new at this, so what is the easiest way to clear the code? Is there a simple program to write on RSLogix 500 or can I do it without the program?
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:44 AM   #34
Mickey
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasCo View Post
I just bought two ML1100's and they both have the Major fault code=0187h. I'm new at this, so what is the easiest way to clear the code? Is there a simple program to write on RSLogix 500 or can I do it without the program?
See pdf... The 1 before the 87 tells you witch module has the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf modulemismatch.pdf (86.7 KB, 13 views)

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
Old February 1st, 2018, 05:08 PM   #35
Geospark
Ireland

Hi Mickey,

My reading of this is that the OP has bought two used MicroLogix 1100 controllers without the original expansion I/O module(s). The original programs are still loaded in memory with the original I/O Configurations. Because the I/O is now missing the controllers are both generating I/O Configuration Mismatch errors. They just want to wipe these erroneous programs from memory or default the controllers and then perhaps start again. They don't need to know about or resolve the actual errors as the original I/O is not in play any more. I may be wide of base there but that's just how I'm reading it? It may be the case that the original I/O is actually still with the controllers and there is a genuine mismatch error of some descriptions?

Let's find out...

KasCo,

Hi & Welcome to the Forum!

Because of the above "either or" situation, I'll ask straight out: are there any expansion I/O modules with, or connected to either of these controllers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasCo
There is no procedure available to "clear" the memory on a MicroLogix controller, if that is what you mean?

The only available procedure to clear a current program from memory is to overwrite it by downloading a blank program. I suppose you could classify this as a "simple program"?

Either way, you do need the programming software to acheive this.

Regards,
George
Old February 2nd, 2018, 01:05 PM   #36
KasCo
United States

Thanks for the info. I have both of mine fixed now. I had to load a blank program from rslinks500, to clear the faults in both. I got most of it fixed myself, but couldn't figure out the problem so I just went back to my past college teacher and we figured out why. The problem was the baud rate was wrong along with some conflicts with the past program on the controller. Do you know what control model took 1100s place?
Old February 2nd, 2018, 01:30 PM   #37
Mickey
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasCo View Post
Do you know what control model took 1100s place?
If I understand your question, nothing has replaced the ML1100. It is still an active controller sold by Rockwell.

Geospark's crystal ball is much clearer then mine though. So hopefully he will check in.

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb

Last edited by Mickey; February 2nd, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum