You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 7th, 2018, 05:39 PM   #1
backendcode
Canada

wrong time with GSV

Hello All,

I am working on program which other programmer wrote (Ladder logic) and the GSV time is wrong, I am getting 1998 year. How can I get the current time?

GSV classname is Wallclocktime and attribute is localdatetime.

I would appreciate if someone can help.

Thank you,
Old February 7th, 2018, 05:48 PM   #2
backendcode
Canada

I think I found the issue. I went to controller properties and noticed the date/time is wrong there.

Quick question, Can I set/change that time to current time while online? because I can't stop the PLC or offline to change it because of the production line.

Thank you,
Old February 7th, 2018, 05:52 PM   #3
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Yes, you can set it online. There's a button on that same tab "Set Date and Time from Workstation" or something similar. As long as your PC time is correct, just click that button and you're away. Or else you can manually enter the new date and time.
Old February 7th, 2018, 05:54 PM   #4
backendcode
Canada

Thank you,

Yes, I manually edit the time and now I can see correct time with GSV instruction.

Thank you
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum