PowerFlex 70 EC and 20 COMM D

hello ,
i have a devicenet network that includes 2 Powerflex 70 and 4 SMC Flex ,1 panelview plus & Controllogix.
Powerfelx control mode is set for 2 wire Control.(only digital IN 2 as Start)
I'm interested to send start /Stop command and Frequency Ref from the Controllogix by using Logic Cmd Word .
According to this publication page 141 (
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/20comm-um002_-en-p.pdf)

this is impossible with the current configuration.
Do you know any workaround for this issue?we need to have a local/remote control like this:
Local;start/stop from input 2;Frequency command:from HMI
Remote: start/stop &frequency command from PLC
thanks in advance for your time ;

OK, your basic problem is that you are trying to control the drive from two places and one place is using a maintained contact (2 wire control). That won't work. When the run input at digital in 2 is off, the drive is stopped with no way to start it from another location (stop asserted).

If you are willing to switch to start/stop pushbuttons and 3-wire control, then you can start/stop with digital in 1 & 2 and devicenet at the same time.

To get the speed reference to switch from devicenet to a local pot you will need to wire a selector switch to digital in 3 and configure it for AUTO/MAN. Set TB MAN REF SELECT to the analog input for the local pot.

If you are using a HIM module, you can use it for local start/stop and speed reference without wiring any additional local controls.

Refer to the Poweflex 70 User manual pub. #20A-UM001L-EN-P dated April 2006, speed reference control, starting at page 1-19.

Good luck,

Hi mellis,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions,In fact this is the best solution as far as the customer accepts to modifiy wiring.
instead i used "Start with Comm" option for input 2 and that works fine with 2 wire control .so i can control the drive either in manual OR Auto;
now customer is a little bit afraid about the use of HMI to switch form Manual to Auto Mode.I explainde him how to use (ALT+Auto/manu) each time he needs to switch form or back to Man/Auto
here's wiring diagrams

Thanks again