Powerflex 40 22-COMM-E issues

Morrowgabe99

Hello all, new here. I have 16 Powerflex 40’s that I am converting from DeviceNET to Ethernet. I changed all of the Comm modules to 22-COMM-E and powered up the panel and only 6 of the Comm modules powered up. I don’t get any power lights on the Modules. After playing with them for a little bit I factory reset one and pressed start let it ramp to about 6hz then pressed stop. Once it ramped down to stop, the comm module powered up for about 20 seconds (All 4 Lights were flashing, on module) then it went back to no lights. Ethernet cable is good. I used one of the good drives to test and set IP’s on all of the modules so I know that all the modules and cables are good. Any help is appreciated, I would prefer to keep the hair that I have left after tearing it out on this problem🙃

That is a common issue with those drives, we have changed all of ours over to the PF520 series.

I've not seen that exact problem before, but I am in the process of replacing 12 PF40s with 525s. The 40 are old and have a lot of problems. Some have completely stopped communicating and won't respond to plugging a laptop in. The 525s work much better.

I concur. These 40's with the 22-COMM-E cards are junk.
Replace them with 525's. If they don't work, there's no trick to making them work.
It's a common electrical issue with those drives.