Are IIM instructions obsolete in RSLogix 5000?

ezbz

I am converting a program from RSLogix 500 to 5000 in order to upgrade from SLC 5/04 to CompactLogix. From all of the information I can find, IIM instructions are almost completely unnecessary with newer controllers due to improvements in technology and scan speed in particular. Can anyone tell me when this might NOT be the case?

:site:

The choice has been made for you, there is no Immediate Input instruction in Logix5000.

Input data is updated into the input tags at the input modules' selected RPI rate.

This means that input data can change state duri9ng the program scan (asynchronous I/O), which, under certain circumstances, can cause issues with programs converted from PLC5/SLC platforms that had synchronous I/O.

99% of the time this does not matter, but could be an issue that might need resolving.