You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 11th, 2019, 01:18 PM   #1
CJlikesCHAIRS
Abu Dhabi

Modicon BMXPRA0100 lost program?

A few years ago I made a Unity Pro 11 program that used a BMX CPS 2000 CPU and 2 remote I/O panels with BMXPRA0100 modules in them. Everything worked fine and dandy.

We just got an order to add another RIO panel to this job, and I opened up the program for the first time in a few years to find that the when you try to open the PRA programs, they don't exist. I'm using the exact program I used when connecting before (same STA file) but on a different computer.

When going online with the PLC, it is connected and equal, but I still can't open the PRA modules, Unity just pops up a blank Unity program (like when you fresh open the software and there is no program loaded yet). The base program is connected still and recognizes that it has a PRA open.

Has anyone experienced this before? We had been using the STA file to transfer the program between me and the two techs laptops on site and never had this issue before.

Am I SOL and have to create an all new program?
Old September 13th, 2019, 01:35 AM   #2
chud
South Africa

Looking here
https://www.schneider-electric.co.in/en/faqs/FA254949/
What you are doing should work. I have not experienced this before
Do you open the Pra program from the IO scanner device name popup?
If so, try connecting to the PRA with the instance of Unity that opened up. And see if you can upload the program, save it and close again.
Not sure at all if this will work but its the only thing i can think of now
Old September 13th, 2019, 09:53 AM   #3
Lare
Finland

It can be Unity version problem.

Try open 1st with Unity 11 version, then open Pra-config (which is another project insside original)
Save PRA-config to different name and open with newer Unity separatly from different file.

Or you can try connect directly to PRA with IP and upload Unity project from PRA to PC.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum