RSLINK 2.52 and 1784-U2DHP

turbohamad

Hello Friends;
Good day. I have RSLINK 2.52 i have also 1784-U2DHP.
But in the RSLINK configuring driver there is no 1784 U2DHP shown in the driver list when i open configuring driver.
But in the Device Manager 1784-U2DHP shown with COM4 ID.
I have Windows XP 32 bit.

I also download the 1784PCIC(S) 45MB package fron rockwell and install the driver realted to 1784 U2DHP but it still not showing in RSLINK.

I think EDS file required for that may be i am wrong please help me how i fix this issue. Its urgent please i need some work on PLC 5/20.

Regards

Thanks for that link, Mickey. I will expound.

The 1784-U2DHP was built many years after RSLinx 2.52 was released, so there is no U2DHP specific driver in RSLinx 2.52. Installing the 1784-U2DHP drivers on your computer does not add anything to RSLinx.

But the 1784-U2DHP can be used with older versions of RSLinx Classic (all the way back to 2.52) simply by treating it like a serial port connected to an old fashioned 1770-KF2. The old 1770 serial interfaces use the DF1 Full Duplex driver.

Download and read that section of the User Manual and it will show you how to configure the DF1 Full Duplex driver for use with the 1784-U2DHP.