Siemens TSEND_C/TRCV_C issue

leem2209

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've configured TSEND and TRECV blocks in a S7-1511 and an S7-1214.

The 1511 CPU side looks happy and isn't reporting any errors.

The 1214 CPU side doesn't look happy. TRCV status is 80B7.

I've checked over the connection parameters as per the guidance from Siemens but cannot work out what's wrong?

Any ideas?

Screenshot attached of setup.

book1.PNG

You are initiating a send with a rising edge on REQ ?

Standard port is 2000. Is there a reason why you have changed one of them to 3000 ?

You are using TCP, so this should be relevant from the help for 80B7:
For system data types TCON_IP_V4 and TCON_IP_RFC:
IP address of the partner end point was set to 0.0.0.0.
Not sure why that message appears.

I probably would have chosen the sending PLC to be the active partner. Not sure if it would make any difference.

You are initiating a send with a rising edge on REQ ?

Yep, the REQ comes from the clock memory 1hz

Standard port is 2000. Is there a reason why you have changed one of them to 3000 ?

Originally after setting comms in the wizard, it set the 1511 port to 2000 for the send and 2001 for the recv. The port number for the 1211 stayed at 0 (presumably as it's the active partner?) Changed to 3000 to test. Port numbers are to be between 2000 and 5000 as standard.

I probably would have chosen the sending PLC to be the active partner.

There's another SEND from the 1214 and a RECV in the 1511. I might try the 1511 as the active partner and see.

I also just found this...

"TSEND_C does not support the transmission of data from boolean locations, and TRCV_C will not receive data into boolean locations."

I'm wondering if because my send/recv DB are configured as bool and the pointer directs to a bool starting range?

I'll try playing about with the DB too and just send an array over.