Win 911 help

A_G

Lifetime Supporting Member
My customer wants me to add some analog IO to their existing PLC and create new Win 911 alarms when these analog signals are out of range. The problem is that they are having some kind of disagreement within their IT department and can't decide if they are willing to give me access to some kind of server where their Win 911 is supposedly installed. I've never used Win 911 so I don't know much about it. If someone can help me with these questions I would really appreciate it:
-Does Win 911 have web based access? Or do you have to be logged in to the computer that it is installed on?
-Is there a way to export/copy/print existing Win 911 alarms? I would like to see what kind of alarms my customer already has so I can figure out how to make the new ones consistent with their current scheme
-Is there some kind of Win 911 beginners guide? The user manual I found online is very old
Thanks in advance for any help

One of the apps from win911 (workspace) can be installed on any workstation and configured from IT to talk to the server in the DMZ without allowing you direct access to the machine itself. This is like a client and should satisfy the IT dept.

Find out which version of Win911 they have. There are significant change between their old V7 and the newer 2021(?) version.

V7 is the more traditional software, to manage it you will need at the machine or RDP into it. They had a really buggy 2020 version that uses web interface but they no longer use that in the newest version.

If they are on the newest version, they have a lot of online training here: https://www.win911.com/resources/webinars/

Find out how they interface with the system first. Do they interface with a HMI or directly to PLC via OPC? IF through HMI then you also need access to HMI to create HMI tag first. Feel free to ask more question here once you find out more. I unfortunately spent a lot of time fighting through their buggy software.