TIA portal and Start drive

Controls Tech

Hello everyone hope all is well, I have installed TIA portal V16
and Start Drive V16 on my PC running windows 10 and have been able to tinker around programming a PLC. Now I want to attempt a VFD. I would like to use the Simosim as I don't have any drive hardware. I have installed Start Drive on my PC and in TIA portal under installed software it shows up as installed, But I can`t find it. Do I have to access this directly from TIA Portal? Install did`t create a shortcut, and I have already inserted the disc and ran a "repair" on Start Drive with no luck. Thanks in advance.

I’m no expert on that product, but to my knowledge that is a Simotion Scout product.
Not Startdrive
In other words TIA Scout and Scout.

Not familiar with Simosim.

However: if you want to try to program motion in the PLC, you usually have the option to "simulate" the technology object, which means it the axis runs as intended with simulated feedbacck based on what would be expected. This can be done either in a real PLC or in PLCsim.