Electric design of a plc

Ce.O

Hi folks
I'm looking for a software to do an electric diagram of a plc connected to an VFD (Variable Frequency Drive), I have to do all the diagram, with sensors, buttons and even some thumbwheel. I would be very grateful to you, if you tell me some software to do that.
I'm using AB PLC
Thanks

Last edited:
We use Solidworks Electrical Schematic which has become much better in the last few releases.

If you need the actual drawing of an AB PLC, you can go to Rockwell's website and download 2-D and 3-D models for free (in .dwg and .stp format), so you don't have to waste time drawing the actual PLC itself. Then you can add the wires that you need later.

One software I have not seen on here is EZ Schematic Pro. It is a bit of an oddball software, but its pretty cheap (around $100) and it is straight forward and simple to use.

I used an older XP era version of freeware called TinyCad that was pretty good. The current version looks really nice. I’ll be trying it again soon but I haven’t used it yet.
https://www.tinycad.net/