HMI to PLC Timer

PLCRules

Hello All! I have a Kinco MT4500T HMI touch screen and there's a part where you need to input a designated time for a machine part to run. You can put, say like 100 or 200, my question is, if I will put that data in an internal Timer of the PLC, do I get the same data like ex:100? Timer I'm using is 0.01S, so do I get a 1S out for my Timer? The PLC is FATEK FBs60MC.
Thank you very much.

Yes, the value you enter on the HMI will be relevant to the time base of your PLC timer.

In this case you are using a timer with a 10msec time base, so it multiplies the time base by the value you enter, giving 1000msec, or 1s, if you use 100 as the value. If you go with 200 then it would be 2000mses(2s).

It depends on both PLC and programming style.

Sometimes I find it convenient to use a 1 s (or 0.01 s as in this case) blinking timer and use blink edge to count or add up number of seconds (or 1/100 s) elapsed.

Set value is evaluated by a simple comparator. Reset by putting/moving zero to count value.

Both count value and set value are integer (or double) format and is easy to use in any HMI.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys. I thought there's still a conversion factor from the value you input in the touch screen when it goes to the timer in the PLC. Good to know it is direct equivalent.