WinCC Flex Switch Object and Multiple HMIs

Galaniz

I have two questions regarding the "simple object" switch in WinCC Flexible:

1. Does the switch object act as an input and output?

I have running some tests to anwswer this question with PLC Sim and the runtime on my PC. In the test, I am able to change the state of the switch on the HMI by changing the value of the tag is PLCsim. This would indicate that the switch acts an input/output. However, I read else where on Siemens website, that PLCsim will overwrite the value in the HMI, so I don't know if this is just a function of PLC Sim or if this will actually work this way with a real PLC and HMI.

2. Will there be conflict if I am running two identical HMIs controlling the indentical switch object?

This is related to question 1 in that if the switch works as an input/output rather than an output I suspect I will not have a problem, but it switch acts only as an output and one is high and one is low, then I could see some unpredictable things hapnning.

Thank you very much.

Gabe