Use an Encoder with 120VA Micrologix 1200.

gzPLC

I want to use 24vdc encoder with an existing micrologix 1200 PLC,

The plc inputs are 120vac, I need 120vac for my other inputs.
So is there any way I can have 24vdc high-speed inputs for encoder and rest all 120vac inputs?

How should i make this work?

Thanks

I don't think a 120 vac input unit has the high speed inputs for an encoder only the 24vdc input units, I know it is this way with the 1400's

You can use 24vdc coil ice cube relays with 120vac on your contacts but as roxusa said I don’t think the 1200 120v unit has high speed inputs.

Edit: the more I think about it the less likely I think this will help you. How fast will the encoder be spinning or how fast is the device shaft spinning?

Last edited: