Compact PLC with built-in display

sohwel

Hi,

I looking for a compact PLC with built-in display where I can change setting
to one variable and monitor another variable.

I looking at Keyence KV series PLC.
Any other PLC brand that offer similar system?

Not sure if they have someone in your region but do a search for Horner, the XLe model will do more than what you need and the price is right.
Software is also free.

How often are you going to change the variable?

If rarely and if a qualified electrician or maintenance tech will be making the change then the micrologix 1100 or 1400 will be a good choice.

If its something you expect an operator to change regularly then consider using a Nematron Optimate (about a hundred and thirty bucks) which can connect to a variety of different PLCs.

http://www.nematron.com/products/industrial/optimate.html

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...aces/Optimate_Text_Panels/Optimate_400_Series

An OM413 will do what you want.

How often are you going to change the variable?

If rarely and if a qualified electrician or maintenance tech will be making the change then the micrologix 1100 or 1400 will be a good choice.

If its something you expect an operator to change regularly then consider using a Nematron Optimate (about a hundred and thirty bucks) which can connect to a variety of different PLCs.

http://www.nematron.com/products/industrial/optimate.html

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...aces/Optimate_Text_Panels/Optimate_400_Series

An OM413 will do what you want.

I expect an operator to change the setting.
The display to be built in to the PLC, not another display that communicate with the plc.

I expect an operator to change the setting.
bad idea in these parts. the operator would be exposed to live electrical parts as well as other critical values within the plc

I'm pretty sure that even in Malaysia that exposing the operator to the interior of the control panel is against standards. Using an inexpensive terminal such as the Optimate allows you the flexibility to choose the PLC that will work best for you and to design a professional control panel.

I'm pretty sure that even in Malaysia that exposing the operator to the interior of the control panel is against standards. Using an inexpensive terminal such as the Optimate allows you the flexibility to choose the PLC that will work best for you and to design a professional control panel.

In that case the Horner solution look to be the best
Solution, do you guy know another brand that has
A display with built in PLC

I am guessing you are really after a really low-cost PLC + HMI combination.
Like other have pointed out, it is impractical to have HMI functions inside the control cabinet.

If that is the case, one suggestion is Siemens S7-1200 PLC (starting price around 150 €) plus a Siemens KP400 Color PN HMI (list price 350 €).

There are also combined PLC+HMI panels for panel cut-out installation, but personally I would never chose such a design. Others may find it OK though.

The Eaton easy range have a display and you can set values. They are smart relays rather than PLCs but they do everything that a PLC used to do 10 years ago. You can mount them in a standard MCB enclosure so that the operator can change setting with having to go inside an enclosure. If it just a timer value that you want to change then the Easy 500 or 700 would be OK. If it is anything other than a timer then you would have to go to the 800 range, or if you want a proper job the Easy MFD.