2711R -T7T Panelview 800 with a Compact Logix PLC

EICS

Has anyone ever used a 2711R -T7T Panelview 800 with a Compact Logix PLC over Ethernet comms?

the 2711R -T7T Panelview 800 is usually programmed with CCW and suited to Micro 800 Series PLC's.

it is possible ?

From memory, at some point it gained support for 5370 L1 CompactLogix controllers only...I'll see if I can dig up the thread...

Edit: here we go, see especially post #7. Turns out that it did gain support for the L1 controllers, and then later still gained support for the L2 and L3 controllers.

Details including a how-to: Knowledgebase article ID: QA30391 | Access Levels: Everyone

tl;dr - yes, you can connect the PV800 to a 5370 Compact Logix or 5370 Compact GuardLogix. Not a 5380 Compact Logix.

Last edited:
Rockwell grudgingly added support for the smallest CompactLogix models over time. An excerpt from RA Knowledgebase article QA26167:

The PanelView 800 with an earlier version of firmware than 3.011 can only communicate directly with a ControlLogix or CompactLogix over Ethernet media by using the build-in Modbus TCP driver.

PanelView 800 starting from the firmware version 3.011, the function for communication with CompactLogix 5370 L1 controllers has been added. This feature also requires Connected Components Workbench software, release 9.0 or later, to be installed.

PanelView 800 starting from the firmware version 4.012, the function for communication with CompactLogix 5370 L2 and L3 controllers has been added. This feature also requires Connected Components Workbench software, release 10.01 or later, to be installed.

PanelView 800 starting from the firmware version 6.012, the function for communication with CompactLogix 5380 (L306) is planned to be added. This feature also requires Connected Components Workbench software, release 13.00 or later, to be installed.

Just my opinion, save your $800 and get a different HMI if you haven't already used the PV800. They are terrible.
Try a Weintek with EasyBuilder Pro. Less cost for the HMI and free software that is light years ahead of CCW (Visualization) Or look at one of the threads here where we all say our favorite HMI. I promise you, PV800 is not on anybody's favorite list.

The PV800 is ok, for very basic things, but if you want a smoking project that works and looks good, then you should really try something else.

I just did a few projects with the Weintek HMI and Compact Logix. Forget about CCW, I'm thinking it could easily replace ME for a lot a lot of my stuff. Iv beaten the having no parameter passing in EasyBuilder bit. Now I just have to get used to the Macro editor as its a bit different than in ME for sure.

Just my opinion, save your $800 and get a different HMI if you haven't already used the PV800. They are terrible.
Try a Weintek with EasyBuilder Pro. Less cost for the HMI and free software that is light years ahead of CCW (Visualization) Or look at one of the threads here where we all say our favorite HMI. I promise you, PV800 is not on anybody's favorite list.

The PV800 is ok, for very basic things, but if you want a smoking project that works and looks good, then you should really try something else.

I just did a few projects with the Weintek HMI and Compact Logix. Forget about CCW, I'm thinking it could easily replace ME for a lot a lot of my stuff. Iv beaten the having no parameter passing in EasyBuilder bit. Now I just have to get used to the Macro editor as its a bit different than in ME for sure.

Yes i totally agree the CCW software to engineer is clunky at best, its sort of like a very stripped down version of FTV,

similar enough that you are used to it but extremely frustrating to use as the FTV tools are not there. Our Site is Rockwell standard so all tech's know how to use the applications so another vendor is not a possibility. my project is close to budget so that is the ONLY reason why i am Considering the 2711R-T7T Option over the other Panelviews. its a basic application so i don't need the bells and whistle functionality.