Markem-Imaje EtherNet communications

Omron NX102 PLC with Markem-imaje 2200

I know this thread is very old. But I am attempting to communicate with Omron NJ PLC and Markem Imaje 9450E. I would appreciate any code samples that you can give me. Omron NJ socket sends via Byte array (HEX). So I am converting ASCII to HEX when sending. Not sure if I should be converting or try to send straight ASCII. If you are still following this thread. Please send code to [email protected]

Hi. we have a trouble to connect Omron NX102 PLC with Markem-imaje 2200 via ethernet. We fail to get any interface manual. Can anyone help us as well? [email protected]. I would appreciate it!!

Hello everybody

Can i send the commands line remotely to the markem imaje smartdate x60 and get information about the device like serial number, printed labels ... ?

can you help me please

thank you

communicate my PC with markem imaje printer 9450

HELLO GUYS!!
I am currently doing a final year project on the communication between the Markem imaje printer and my pc (my printer model is 9450) and I am asking if someone could help me because I don't even know how to use ethernet port and what is the protocol of communication

HELLO GUYS!!
I am currently doing a final year project on the communication between the Markem imaje printer and my pc (my printer model is 9450) and I am asking if someone could help me because I don't even know how to use ethernet port and what is the protocol of communication
Try below

Hello everybody

Can i send the commands line remotely to the markem imaje smartdate x60 and get information about the device like serial number, printed labels ... ?

can you help me please

thank you

I'm afraid this is confidential information and you must somehow confirm that the device belongs to you, otherwise no one will give you this information

Interesting - years of no solution

This thread is so old, so many have the same question, yet there is no posted solution.

It seems there are many other CIJ options that offer better integration than that of Dover's Markem-Imaje.

Video Jet, Domino, Hitachi, Keyence, ... all very easy and well documented. Markem-Imaje seems worse than John Deere.

or am I mistaken?

All searches lead to this thread. This thread says look somewhere else.... and back again. 🔨 o_O

I have implemented Ethernet communication with Markem-Imaje SDX45 using NGPCL commands from PLC Omron NX102. If I can help somebody ask questions.

Note : The SDX45 freeze sometimes and are unable to send response to command, rather the SDX 45 close the TCP/IP connection. The web interface to SDX45 stop working. You must reboot the printer before successful commands.

I have implemented Ethernet communication with Markem-Imaje SDX45 using NGPCL commands from PLC Omron NX102. If I can help somebody ask questions.

Note : The SDX45 freeze sometimes and are unable to send response to command, rather the SDX 45 close the TCP/IP connection. The web interface to SDX45 stop working. You must reboot the printer before successful commands.

I know nothing about SDX45 or NGPCL commands but from experience with comms to 9040 and 9042 using their protocol i can say Markem comms implementation is a bug-riddled turd. If you need something that communicates reliably then don't use Markem. We are communicating with (16) printers across the organization and experience similar issues to what you describe.

It will work fine for days or weeks, 100+ "jobs" sent to a printer with no error, then all the sudden something funny happens. The script sending the job will update the message in both print heads, then read the message out of both print heads to make sure it actually changed. The printer will report that the new message is saved in both the print heads but it is still printing the old message on one of the heads. If the operator catches this before a bunch of product is mislabeled, and tries to manually update the message via the markem's keyboard, that head will be updated but the old message will move to the other (previously correct) printhead but will still report that the new message is stored in both print heads when queried. If the operator then tries to manually update the second print head, the printer starts responding to queries with a null message and will not stop until fully rebooted (power off, unplugged, >5min).

If we were not so heavily invested with markem printers we would replace them. Markem doesn't seem interested in fixing the issue so we just live with it, and address the danger of mislabeled product by having the operators run several "dummies" past the printer and only start packaging after several positive results.