TP 270 restore issue

Al Bert

Dear All,

Please help me out I was able to back up using prosave v7.1 but when I was about to restore cannot establish communication. I am using PC adapter 6GK1571-0BA00-0AA0 and windows xp. HMI OP Adress is 5(tried changing to 1 on restore but still the same issue), on PG/PC interface address is 0 also tried tick/untick PG/PC is the only master on the bus but still same issue.

TP270 is in transfer mode ?
Transfer on the OP is set to the same as in Prosave ?

You can also try to download via a serial null-modem cable.
You have to enable the serial download on the TP270 and I also recommend to start Transfer mode manually.

TP 270 issue

Hi guys need your help again I had installed the new TP270 but encounter this problem my s7 315-2DP had shown problem:

SF: have red light
BF: blinking red light
DC5V: yeloow green light
RUN: yellow green light

please do note as mention earlier in my past post I restore only from the old TP 270 regards...

I assume the TP communicates on profibus, so assume the replacement is not communicating with the PLC It's been years since I worked on them so this is a guess. BF & SF is probably to do with the PLC cannot communicate with the HMI, Yellow/green Run & DC5V is probably normal I do remember the run light seems to be slightly yellowish but don't take my word on that, I wonder if the communications i.e. node number on the TP is wrong or baud rate, as I say cannot remember, but it may be possible that these can be altered on the HMI via the boot menu or something like that, are there any dip switches on the HMI ?, if so check they are the same on the replacement.
Sorry I cannot help anymore perhaps others here have more recent knowledge of these older HMI's.

BF blinking & SF light: This means one or more Profibus slaves is not communicating to the CPU 315-2DP.

What happens if you disconnect the TP270 from the CPU? Are you connecting the TP270 to the MPI port or the Profibus port? Are you sure which one it is supposed to be connected to?

To diagnose the CPU properly, you need STEP 7 software (STEP 7 V5.x) and a connecting device/cable (likely a PC Adapter USB).

STEP 7 can be downloaded as a trial from here:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109761679/step-7-v5-6-sp1-step-7-professional-2017-sr1-trial-download?dti=0&lc=en-WW

The new PC Adapter part number is: 6GK1571-0BA00-0AA0
https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/en/WW/Catalog/Products/10204161

If your S7 PLC has an Ethernet module, you can use an Ethernet cable.

Last edited:
Sigma is right, it may well be worth it if you have a drawing of the system i.e. profibus/MPI nodes, it is possible there are other things connected to the bus i.e. remote I/O, inverters HMI etc. it does sound like either your connected to the wrong port or if there are other nodes there is a conflict with addresses.

TP 270 issue

Hi guys just so the message on the HMI showing Connection disconnected:pLC, station 2 rack 0 slot 2 I guess that is the reason I will double check on the connector. The di switch setting is the same DP/MPI/PPI OP address is 5 all settings regarding MPI is same with the old TP 270. Im pretty sure Im connected also with the correct port.

parky and sigmadelta, he wrote in the 1st post that he has a PC Adapter USB (6GK1571-0BA00-0AA0)

Al Bert, please provide answers and a sketch as a reply to sigmadeltas and parkys questions.

Did you manipulate the profibus cables or connectors in order to connect the new TP270 ?
Is the TP270 at the end of the Profibus daisychain ? Is the termination switch at ON if the TP270 is at the end or at OFF if the TP270 is in the middle ? The switch position can be hard to see. Maybe the switch has been bumped.

The best way to diagnose is to go online with STEP7.

Dear Jesper the connector is switch at ON as per original set up, I did not manipulate the connector