You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread November 19th, 2019, 02:09 PM   #1
forqnc
United States

Ethernet communication between CJ2M and Lenze SMV Drive

Hi All,
I am having issues communicating between an Omron CJ2M PLC and a Lenze SMV Drive (with Ethernet Module).
I have set up Network Configurator with 2 tags (D350 and D450) of 8 bytes in length, and selected Input Assembly 106, Input custom.
All I am trying to do is view 4 pieces of information from the drive, Amps, kW, kWH and Frequency.
I have set parameters P450 to P453 to display the above.
The red MS light on the CPU flashes and when I check, under network configurator, to monitor the CPU I have a 01:0315 error.
I found a PDF which stated 01:0315 is an Invalid segment in the connection path.
Any assistance is appreciated, this is a one off, where the customer requested these drives.
Attached Images
File Type: png Network Configurator.PNG (49.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Network Configurator_A.PNG (5.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Network Configurator_B.PNG (24.5 KB, 2 views)
Unread November 22nd, 2019, 10:33 AM   #2
forqnc
United States

Finally got this figured out and will post in case someone else wishes to do it.
The Lenze SMV inverters i'm using only have 3 programmable digital inputs. I needed a forward input, reverse input and a jog input. Then be able to retrieve data from the Inverter into the PLC. Well come to find out, to set up the Ethernet communications you have to have a dedicated input connected to the common and programmed for Network. So one of P121, P122 and P123 needs to be connected to #4 (common) and programmed to 9.
So the network is working but my controls (forward, reverse and jog) are also controlled over the Ethernet. I am not happy with Ethernet control and the only reason I am doing so is
1) The customer requested these drives
2) I can physically stop the drive by breaking a connection from common to terminal 1 (stop).

Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum