Is my Panelview done for?

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 1250P with a white screen. I followed a technote that said to press and hold the default button on the logic module, then press and release the reset button, then release the default button and it should go to a maint screen. The screen goes black for a moment, then the white screen returns. I plugged in a mouse for gits and shiggles to see if I could get anything at all to happen at all, but it does nothing. Does this mean my PV is done for? Thank you.

Hey Ceilingwalker - I had this happen to a terminal not long ago. After getting nowhere with troubleshooting the issue, I got in touch with the local sales/service distributor and ended up having to send back the terminal for warrantee work.

The "white-screen-of-death" wasn't able to be resolved in the field by any means that I found.

From what I recall with that recent battle, yours might be "done for", worse news is that the PVP's were back ordered for a few months due to supply issues.

Hope it's better in your neck of the woods!

Good luck!

If the PV can be repaired it would be considerably less than a new one. I have had them, and other brands, sometimes without losing the program.

I have had good results with Global Electronics (on the road now but I think out of Georgia, and they told me they are a Rockwell service contractor)

We've had several PV+ LCDs go white. These have all been the old PV+6 and older displays though. Haven't had to mess with any of the PV+7s yet.
Typically what I found with them when digging into them is the video driver circuit board is the issue.
We've swapped in other boards and I've been able to repair a couple of them in-house but usually it's time to replace the LCD assembly. Putting my previous life of TV/consumer electronics repair to use...there is still a use for that old component-level troubleshooting yet. :D