Communication CPU315-2DP and SIMOREG66A70 via Profibus

May I determine state of bits in Control Word 1 in UDTs or I have to use some constant value in M memory,for instance?

Maybe, I will specify above post more clearly:

1. Is it possible to define states of bits to be sent in UDTs or should I use constant value in M memory,for instance?
2. I am going to use two SFC functions in OB. One of them will be for starting the drive and driving on the constant speed. Second will be for stopping. I will switch between them by some digital input bit. Is it sensible idea?
3. I have some doubt regarding P648. Is it some difference between situations when:

- I set argument 3001 or I set 9 and connect binectors from 3001 connector to P655,P656,P657....

It is much better to use defined bits in a datablock/UDT for control rather than just send some meaningless number to the drive.

In your PLC program, read and write only from/to the data block - do not attempt to read/write from/to the drive directly as this may cause a data consistency error.

Use SFC 14 and SFC 15 to transfer data between the PLC and the drive see attached example picture. The address is in hex (w#16#100 = 256), the record parameters are ANY Pointers which, are used to determine the start address and size (in Bytes) of the data to be transfered.

Nick

fc40.jpg

Thanks a lot. It is getting more clear.

A few posts ago in jpg file 'SendUDT' in the column value, there is ' False'. I have to put 0 or logic 1 there. Am I right?

In order to stop the drive, do I have to make another DB ( the bit OFF3 goes low for stopping)?

Best regards,
gumis

Use your program to change the state of bits in the DB rather than sending a different DB. OFF1 is normal stop start, OFF2 is Coast Stop and OFF3 is Regen Stop.

OFF1 = False, OFF2 = TRUE, OFF3 = TRUE: Result Drive Stopped
OFF1 = TRUE, OFF2 = TRUE, OFF3 = TRUE: Result Drive Running

Loss of OFF1, OFF2 or OFF3 will stop the drive.
Loss of OFF1 will cause a normal ramp stop.
Loss of OFF2 will cause a coast stop.
Loss of OFF3 will cause a regen stop.

Nick

Thank you a lot.

I will use Move instructions to write to DB. Before Move I will use contacts assigned to digital inputs to switch between word for start and stop the drive.

Which parameter for setpoint is relevant for my project:

P644 - Source for main setpoint. Selection of connector to be injected as the main setpoint.
P443 - Source for standard setpoint. Selection of connector to be applied if crawling setpoint injection is not selected.
P433 - Source for standard setpoint. Selection of the connector to be applied if the fixed setpoint injection is not selected.

Best regards,
gumis

I have installed Simatic Manager. Then I have choosen appropriate PLC type ( CPU315-2DP). I created simple program. When I try to download this program to PLC I receive this error:

Help on Message 248:47
Description of Error:
There is no access to the module via the online interface set with “Setting the PG/PC Interface“. For example, you can only address a module via the PROFIBUS interface if the programmable controller has access to a PROFIBUS network.
To Correct or Avoid Error:
Check whether the online interface is set correctly. Check the settings as required.
Check whether the station in which the module is located is configured correctly. Change the configuration if necessary.

I have installed Simatic Manager without any problems. The version 5.3. The PLC is in Stop mode when I am downloading. Could anybody help me?

I have installed Simatic Manager. Then I have choosen appropriate PLC type ( CPU315-2DP). I created simple program. When I try to download this program to PLC I receive this error:

I have installed Simatic Manager without any problems. The version 5.3. The PLC is in Stop mode when I am downloading. Could anybody help me?
You need to setup your comms interface.
Use the "Set Pg" to do so.
You have to define your adapter as well as the interface such as MPI, Profibus, etc.
Are you using a serial cable PCMCIA adapter?
Whatever you use, needs to be setup prior to attemting a download/upload

I am using cable for MPI network. Adapter is RS485. Could you tell me where is 'Set Pg' option in Simatic Manager?

I am using cable for MPI network. Adapter is RS485. Could you tell me where is 'Set Pg' option in Simatic Manager?
2 optiions.
Under Control Panel (windows control panel) there's a shortcut named "Setting PG-PC interface"
or
Simatic manager-> Options -> Setting Pg-PC interface
I assume you have installed and activated the MPI cable adapter when you installed step7

I have solved the problem from yesterday. Thank you.

I set first eight bits in Control Word 1 as logic "1" , bit nr.10 and enable positive rotation.Am I right?I will write constant value determined by these bits to first word of Data Block. I will write also constant value being setpoint to the succesive word in Data Block. Then I will transfer these data from Data Block to output module by SFC15. This operation I will perform to launch the drive and driving on the constant speed. I will enable above operations by setting input bit, for instance I0.0.

I will make the same operation for stopping the drive with one exception. This will be setting bit0 to 0.

I have two questions:
1. What does this term mean in the drives:'crawling'?
2. What does 'iTemp' in RET_VAL of SFC14/SFC15 mean?

SFC14/15 should run all the time from OB1. Use I0.0 to control OFF1 bit in control word to start/stop the drive.

Crawling = Jog = Inch
The iTemp is a storage location for the RET_VAL from sfc14/15 this could be any variable you choose; if the transfer was successful then the RET_VAL wil be 0 otherwise, it will contain an error number that you can use to determine the nature of the error.

Nick