Lenze Inverter...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Is anyone here familiar with the Lenze 8200 VECTOR inverters? I have a used labeler here that has three model E82EV371_2B drives. One of them is not responding to the analog input. The other two work fine.

The input is just a potentiometer. I have tried swapping the pot with no luck. The Minimum Output Frequency (C0010) is set to 0Hz, and the Maximum Output Frequency (C0011) is set to 30Hz, yet the pot will only vary the frequency from 29.1Hz to 30.0Hz. Even with the pot completely disconnected, it runs at 29.1Hz.

I thought someone here might know of some parameter that would affect the analog input (something along the lines of scaling?). I don't see anything like that in the manual, but there are many undefined parameters.

The next chance I get, I'm going to go through all the parameters and compare them to one of the other 'good' drives, but in the meantime, maybe someone will chime in and save me the effort?... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

Help is just a click away! Sometimes!

Eric,
I had not even ever heard of a Lenze drive before your post. However, if there is a reset to factory default feature in the config menu, I would certainly give that a try. I went to the Lenze site to see what they looked like and found a service question link where you can input your question. They seem interested in helping equipment owners like you get answers to your problems. Good luck with it!

Thanks, Randy. Once I write down all the parameters (a good idea in any case!), I may try a reset to see if that helps.

Actually, one of the guys who works with me is a former Lenze tech, but he's not familiar with these drives.

beerchug

-Eric

Eric,

Are you issuing a start command or a jog command?

It appears as though the jog frequency can be fixed at 30 hz.

Are the analog input jumpers correct?

Last edited:
Jnelson said:
Eric,

Are you issuing a start command or a jog command?

It appears as though the jog frequency can be fixed at 30 hz.

Are the analog input jumpers correct?

As far as I know, it should be wired correctly, John. IOW, it's wired exactly like the other two, and the dip switches and jumpers are also set the same. I have tried changing the jog frequency, but it has no effect.

I CAN adjust the motor speed by changing the Max. Output Frequency (as I would expect it to do). This is how I'm currently compensating for the lack of potentiometer control, but that method is "too complex" for the floor mechanics... :rolleyes:

Note that the speed pot had never worked since we've owned the machine. I can only assume that it DID work at some point in the past. We only recently started running this machine more often, so I'd like to get it working with the potentiometer, so the mechanics don't have to call ME for a simple speed change.

beerchug

-Eric

Eric,

Is anything set under C181? IOW, are you using PID?

The setpoint can be selected either via terminal 8 or terminal E1. The terminal not used for
setpoint selection is used for the feedback.

The adjustment of the analog inputs limits the control range.
C026 and C027:
Adjustment terminal 8.

The controllers are equipped with two parameter sets: PAR1 and PAR2. You can switch fromone
parameter set to the other during operation. If the second parameter set is activated, for instance,
additional acceleration and deceleration times or three additional JOG frequencies can be activated.

What is C005 set at?
What is C034 set at?

This could be a ton of different things, I will look at the manual better tommorrow.

No rush. I won't be able to check your suggestions until tomorrow anyway. Looks like you might be on to something though!... :cool:

Those who know my schedule might be surpised to hear that I actually went home EARLY today!... :eek:

beerchug

-Eric

Eric, is lucky in be with Inversor of this category.

Praises, equipment flexiblel and versatile and adequate functions the movement in several application.Very userfull IEC Programming.
In ISAShow, I programmed and I exploited the equipment.Finally, it will be the product that will utilize in future logistic.

The problem: Diminish,big reduce the frequency streak (output), even varying the signal of inputs. Frequently, cause of a common electronic defect to any inversor new or old.(the circuit is the even in everybody)
Good luck, in search parameter of adjusting. Do not forget of return here, describing application and success

PS: See http://www.lenze.de/LenzeE/lf02.html have preconfigured macros.

Eric, it sounds like you've got some help here that is familiar with the specific Lenze drive you are asking about. I will leave it to them for now.

Only one thing. If the drive has multiple analog inputs and the one you are using for the speed pot is somehow damaged (it almost sounds like it is "stuck" at the maximum end of its range), it may be possible to switch to another analog input, reprogram the drive to look at the new input, and thus avoid the defect.

Fifteen years ago I was a Lenze rep in the Midwest and learned to dislike the company because of a lack of customer service but that was a long time ago and things could well have changed. Also, Lenze has recently bought AC Tech and pulled most of their direct support people out of the US. That might give you another source for help if what you get here doesn't work.

Good luck!

As Jnelson mentions, someone in the far distant past could have set a preset speed input that is overriding the manual pot input.

OK, I went through and documented all the parameters. Attached is a zip file containing a PDF of the current values. These values are with the drive stopped, so the 'display only' values reflect the drive at idle. This should answer your questions, John.

Parameter 140's value of 29.02Hz looks interesting, as this just so happens to match the output speed of the drive with the pot fully CCW (that's anti-clockwise for you Brits). The manual doesn't describe its function well enough to make me comfortable modifying it, but unless I hear someone here say "Don't ever touch that!", I'll probably try changing it... ;)

Dick's suggestion makes a lot of sense, but the voltage at the analog input DOES vary from 0 to 5V with the pot. Wheter or not it's making it to the processor I don't know, but it's good at the terminals. John or someone may know if this value can be monitored in one of the parameters?... :confused:

I haven't compared these parameter values to what's in the other drives yet. That will be my next step.

beerchug

-Eric

Mystery Solved!...

Since no one said "Don't ever touch that!" (I waited a whole 5 minutes, you know!), I went ahead and changed it... :D

Sure enough, setting it to 5.00Hz now allows the pot to vary the speed from 5 to 30Hz... (y)

Here's the description from the manual:

[attachment]

It ain't the clearest description, but I gather that the value in 140 determines the offset from 'preset' speed to 'actual' (output) speed. Therefore, it was 'adding' 29.02Hz to the requested 0Hz speed.

Thanks for the help as always, guys!... :site:

beerchug

-Eric

c0140.jpg

Glad to see you fixed it. This drive has alot of settings in it that could make it do what it was doing to you. :( Someone was probably playing with it at some point in time and could not figure out what they changed.

Oh well, good job! :)

lenze inverter evs9324-ek

Hello

I want to talk about how to load parameter inverter lenze evs9324-ek using keypad emz9371bc because i have problem with the load parameter menu C0002 only show 2 choice 0 = load parameter default and 1 = load parameter 1 and the menu 11 and 20 for load from keypad didn't show

Is anyone can help me ?

Thank you

Lenze 4900

Hello,

Could anyone help with Lenz 4900
temperature board?

I need foto of board to identify burned components.

Thanks