Siemens S5 Industrial Ethernet Cable

adfox

Hi, I've got Siemens S5 with GGK1143-0AA01 Ethernet module, it has two 15-pin RS connectors, I have to communicate with it via industrial ethernet cable with 15 pin rs plug on one side and RJ45 on the other, can anyone tell me how to make such cable ?

Thanks for help.
Regards.

An update

It's a CP 1430TF module...
Grr i can't find this pin assigment on the siemens site... still looking.

From that part number, I'd say that you have the older SINEC H1 CP 143 rather than the newer CP1430.

Anyway, the pin-outs for the serial programming port and the H1 port are here...

AFAIK you can't connect it directly to industrial Ethernet, the H1 port is connected to the H1 backbone via a transceiver unit....

The device you need is a socalled "AUI to 10baseT media converter" . It converts the 15 pin ethernet port to a 10BaseT port.

Example:
http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=2900

That, or you have to connect from the 15-pin port to a simiar 15-pin port on a switch or hub. It is old technology, so it may be difficult to find.

Last edited: