Siemens 1500 ,setting up a industrial connection to a server via cp1543-1

stu

Hi guys
I have a siemens 1500 with a cp1543-1 industrial network card, which I would like to connect the factory network to my plc , so I can get data from a https into the plc
Can anyone advise or have any information to help me,
The plc is on 192.xxx.xxx.xxx and the network is 172.xxx.xxx.xxx , I've added the 172 address to the cp1543-1 card but there is the security set up and the right way to connect this the plc I'm not sure ?
Any information will help
Thanks

I have done what you describe before using an S7-317 cpu and the principal would be the same with an S7-1500. Depending on what you intend doing with the link you may not have needed the CP1543-1 network card. I had 2 customers on the same site with plc's that needed to talk to each other and both wanted security to stop the other side accessing their network. We fitted Industrial Ethernet Security devices which at the time were Scalance S602 modules in customer 'A's panels which allowed us to use Network Address Translation (NAT) to map the IP addresses of customer 'B's plc's onto addresses in the same network range as customer 'A's network. We then created firewall rules in the Scalance module that allowed each individual ip address on customer 'B's network to communicate with whichever ip address it needed to on customer 'A's network. It's been in and working for 9 years now with no issues.

We what to get data off our IT network via https on a 172 subnet in to the 1500 plc
using the cp1543-1 which is on q 192 subnet
I thought I needed a industrial card (I read somewhere)