No connection Siemens 1200 & MTP1500 Comfort

swedeleaner

Been fighting all morning with a stubborn HMI. It just won´t connect with the plc.
attaching from settings. Have i missed anything? Both plc and hmi responds to ping. Just checked IP-adressses and they should be fine. Is there something to do with profinet name?

connection.PNG network.PNG topology.PNG device plc.PNG

Profinet name must be set along with the IP. Topology is optional and can cause a headache if it's not connected exactly as specified.

Are you connected to any other network? 192.168.0.1 is a default IP address and there's a very good chance that something else will be set to that address.

Is there an access password set on the PLC too? There isn't a password by default so there won't be unless you've set it up.

Disclaimer, no real experience with the unified panels. I have only picked up a bit of info here and there.

I TLS security activated ? It is activated by default, and it is AFAIK not trivial to get going.
I think that a security certificate is automatically generated and downloaded to the panel, so in theory it should be transparent to the end-user.
One stumbling stone is that the certificate has an expiration date, and it requires that the clocks are syncronized.
It is possible to deactivate TLS completely.

When the panel starts up, are there any system messages ?

As mentioned, time and date is important, so set it for both HMI and PLC.

Also, make sure you are in the correct ethernet port.