Connection issues to my Siemens CPU

orense

Hi,

I have a plant where we recently changed CPUs from 315-2DP to 315 -2PN/DP.
They are all connected to a Beijer panel. Strange thing is that one of them I can only connect to with my laptop and Simatic Manager when I disconnect the panel. If the panel is connected to the switch where all the CPUs are connected, this one CPU is completely impossible to connect to over Ethernet.

Does anyone know what this might be? Can the CPU ethernet interface be loaded so heavy against the panel that it cannot connect to anything else, or is it maybe some setting which is incorrect. I have worked many years with Siemens Plcs, but I have never seen this before.

A

Thank you for replies.

I figured it out.
I had to increase the PG number setting under communication tab in the CPU properties.
Default value is 1, but it seems that the panel I am using is occupying this connection as a PG. Therefore I had to increase value to 2, and I was able to also connect my laptop as a PG and monitor the CPU at the same time as the panel was running connected.