Citect 2018 to Top Server V6 connection issues.

emomorales

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking for some help with the connection issue between Citect 2018 and Top Server v6 for Opto22. I’m setting all this up to communicate with some Opto 22 E1 and E2 boards over ethernet. So far I was able to set up server to see the boards and create tags for them. In Citect I created a new iO device using the OPC UA Client/OPCTCP driver with top server address end point. For some reason in the section where I can link device to an external Tag database I scroll down to OPC UA and hit browse external tag database. The end point address comes up, but when I press the + to expand I see a menu, blink up, and it goes away. Very strange. In the configurator, I set up the OPC UA, client driver with all the things required certificates and passwords. When I get to the end to try to test connection I get a status code for point data could not be retrieved. The status code comes up as 0x80540000. If anyone has had any experience with this issue, some help would be greatly appreciated.