Citect 2018 activex web browser

cottagewood

I've upgraded an old citect project to 2018R2 but I have an issue with an activex web browser. When I open internet explorer the web page runs fine but when I open it using the project I get the error "Object doesn;t support property or methid 'addEventListener'.
I don't think the citect activex web browser is compatible with IE in windows 10
Does anybody know of a work around?

Some activex controls are available but disabled in IE, and there are checkboxes in the IE Options menu to enable them, although you may need to find, download, and install them as well. I think I did that with the web server on a Microsoft 1100 once.

I've upgraded an old citect project to 2018R2 but I have an issue with an activex web browser. When I open internet explorer the web page runs fine but when I open it using the project I get the error "Object doesn;t support property or methid 'addEventListener'.
I don't think the citect activex web browser is compatible with IE in windows 10
Does anybody know of a work around?

Juts to be clear are you referring to the Citect web client ActiveX plugin that runs in IE or the ActiveX object window in Citect runtime ?

The ActiveX object window in Citect runtime, using this code
_ObjectCallMethod(ObjectByName("AN4"),"Navigate2","192.168.1.240");

The ActiveX object window in Citect runtime, using this code
_ObjectCallMethod(ObjectByName("AN4"),"Navigate2","192.168.1.240");

Having done some more investigating it's not a problem with the citect activeX object window but some security setting in IE, some websites work fine but any that run scripts don't, I have spent a while playing with the IE security settings but not found any that work yet

Is there a specific reason you are using Internet Explorer in this case? It is quite archaic, and there are numerous web browsers that surpass IE's security, performance, and stability levels.

Is there a specific reason you are using Internet Explorer in this case? It is quite archaic, and there are numerous web browsers that surpass IE's security, performance, and stability levels.

Only that it's the only browser in the Citect activex object list

You could try Chrome with IE tab an extension to chrome its called or Internet explorer Tab. I use it with some IP camera's that use active x. Install then open Chrome then click on IE tab extension and it basically acts like IE and handles active X stuff, did the trick for my IP camera's to work in Chrome

You could try Chrome with IE tab an extension to chrome its called or Internet explorer Tab. I use it with some IP camera's that use active x. Install then open Chrome then click on IE tab extension and it basically acts like IE and handles active X stuff, did the trick for my IP camera's to work in Chrome

Thanks, I'll try that