Industrial Ethernet

orense

Hello!

I am commisioning at a plant. I have a Siemens plc in my cabinet, which the client wants to read from. It is a CPU 315-2 DP with 341-3 ethernet card.

My question is: Does he have to insert my hardware configuration in his project to read from my plc. Ofcourse he has to insert something in his netpro, but what???? Does it have to be my current harware configuration, or is there something in Simatic that can be used, which only represents my CP card ( same as with DP )????

Thanks a thousand for answers :)

A little more details are needed, then I shall tell you what you have to do !

Is your PLC going to send the data to his PLC ? Or is his PLC going to retrieve the data in your PLC ?

Exactly which CP343-1 type number is it ?

Exactly what PLC (and possibly CP) is there at the other end ?

Is there a reason to that you dont want to share your project with the other PLCs programmer ? Are there some limitations that you dont want to insert his PLC in your project and your PLC in his project ?

Industrial ethernet

Thanks for the reply... we fixed it today...

There was no need for the configuration...

In the other end there is a cpu 315-2 DP and that program uses put and get functions (FB 14 and 15)

I could easily share it with him, but I was curious...sometimes I just don't want it to work but also know if and why ...:)

Anyway, thanks alot for responding to my post :)

cheers Denmark

Andreas

Jesper

This is similar to the profibus experiment we carried out a while ago, in one of my replies to you then I did state that this was fairly simple using ethernet by inserting a 'dummy' staion into netpro then setting up the connection using the IP address of the partner CPU and the TSAP address. It does help if you have access to these address, which, by the sound of it, Orsene did. I think that I still have my notes on the actual set up for doing this, if you are interested.

Paul

Hi Paul.

Yes, that is one way to do it. What we did was to try and setup a specified connection.
Later I found out that you can also setup an unspecified connection from only one of the PLCs in question.