Versa pro firmware version error.

jeevan.tp

When I want to store the hwc file to the PLC an error apears and said the firmware 5.03 is incompatible with versapro, and the minimum version should be firmware 8.21 .I have searched for this firmware but I couldn't find aything.What should I do with this error?
My cpu model is CPU 331.
:)

Does it possible to use any other software which is compatible with 5.03 version in place of versa pro to avoid this error.????:oops:
what is the version of the Versa pro software which exactly matches to the 5.03version , so that i can use the software without upgrading the Firmware version.

Last edited:
There is no version of Versa Pro compatible with the old firmware. You would have to use Logicmaster 90 software for the earlier firmware levels. For that, you would also need a program file created with Logicmaster. Logicmaster can not open project files created by Versa Pro.

If you are willing to take a chance, it is possible to bypass the firmware level restrictions that Versa Pro imposes. I don't have the computer with VP booted up at the moment to give you specific instructions, but if can navigate to where you can change Versa Pro settings, one of the settings is what to do about firmware level mismatch. The choices are, prevent download, allow download after warning, and always allow download. The default choice is to prevent download. The older the firmware version, the greater the chance of unpredictable PLC operation, so bypass the restrictions at your own risk.

See picture

firmwareVP

Sorry but the picture uploading was not working.
Try this :
When VP is open in Navigation bar press Tools - Option-
Window will be opened.
Choose Communication .
Then under PLC Firmware Revision Checking - change to Warn

Tamir