Blue Blocker

kalabdel

Hello gentlemen,

I saw those Blue Blocker glasses in a store today for the first time and like the idea. Does anyone have experience with them and do you recommend them?
Do you use some sort of anti-glare screen or like me just stare at the monitor till you can't see. I try to use dark background but some software just don't have that option.

Thanks

I use some at work, 9+ hours of staring at two 24” monitors and fluorescent office lighting that i have no control of, they do make a difference to me. I feel less of a headache at the end of the day. Try the cheaper ones first.

I can't use blue blocker glasses because I already wear prescription glasses. But I use a monitor anti glare screen protector that I got on Amazon and it works great.

As a FYI, you can get the blue blocker built into your prescription lenses. Makes a big difference for me.

On most phone there's a function to change the color temperature at night. I have a program on my PC too that do that called f.lux.

I got tint on my prescription glasses with an amber tint to block blue light. They were prescription progressive lens designed for computer use, so the focus is different than normal prescription lens.

I've noticed lens eye strain with the glasses, could be due to the prescription, the tint, or a combination of the two. I don't really think studies have shown a clear link to prevention of eye disease, but my eyes feel less tired when using the glasses. Of course, this is all pretty subjective.

Thanks guys.

Sleeping has never been a concern for me, I sleep very well which seems to surprise my doctor for some reason but my eyes get tired and everything get very blurry. I will probably by both the glasses and the anti-glare screen filter.

Cheers
Kal