WinCC Transparent button

andrewk65

Hi All
First time so we'll see how it goes. I'm using Siemens Wincc V6.2.
In a screen i have a large "GraphicObject" that shows an overview of a production line. I would like to be able to press the (Touch)screen in various areas of the graphic object and go to sub screens that apply to that part of the machine. I have tried pushbuttons and rectangles with the fill set to transparrent, but i find that i can only activate on the border of the square or button in this case. If i select a colour so i can see the button it works but then obscures the image beneath. If i put the button behind the image it will not work either. Currently i am creating small bitmaps of each section of the machine and overlaying them on the main graphic image, and using the "events" "Press left" property of the inserted graphic to do the job. It works but takes forever.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
andrewk65

You have to break your big graphic into little graphics. Try only one first! Add the little graphic to the screen selector push button. If you have a computer and not just a dedicated touchscreen you can add scripts based on cell position.

Thanks for the reply danpantea
With a bit more messing around i actually found that i can do what i wanted with a button. I just needed to use a button from the object pallete "controls", and select the WinCC pushbutton Control.
When i insert the button to the screen and then left click on it i get a properties window that allows me to set it as transparent. This type seems to work even if it cannot be seen on the screen so i can lay it over any graphic and still use the button functions anywhere in the button area-good result

Too True

I even tried the Siemens technical hotline, who told me it couldnt be done also. I love it when the supplier doesnt know how their own product works.