1336F to Powerflex 700 on controlnet, PLC/5

Jasondelane

Lifetime Supporting Member
Yesterday we had a 1336F pop and we don't have one in stock. We've got another one coming but in the meantime we're exploring the option of replacing it with a Powerflex 700.

I've put 20-Comm-c adapter on the powerflex and changed the node to the same as the old 1336F, and I can communicate with it via RSLinx, Drive Explorer, and RSNetworx. I've had no problem setting it up on RSNetworx, but for the life of me can't get the PLC to issue it a start or stop command using the same logic.

Looking through the program online, it seems that the PLC is not receiving a "drive enabled" status bit to allow it to send a start command.

Another thing is that when I go into the IO configuration on RSLogix 5, it's still showing a 1336 instead of a Powerflex after I've downloaded everything from RSNetworx and done a download from the PLC using the new Controlnet file.

I think I'm missing a step somewhere? Has anyone ever done this type of conversion?