BIG RED "x"

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Capture.PNG

Haven't run into this before. imported routine, but this one tag is not cooperating.

Hoping I could get some quick help before i come completely off to search this.

Thanks to anyone who will help

Must have clicked on the "X" dozen times.

Clicked on it one more time and it went way, no warning. just blended right in.

Not sure how or what i did.

Sorry to have wasted anyone's time.

I can’t tell exactly but it appears to have an alias. If the alias does not exist in the imported routine then that is why you were getting the error on the tag. The import will only match and create tags in the imported routine, if they exist in another routine then they will not be created. I would make sure you are certain the tag behaves as you expect it to or make sure the alias is referenced properly because it looks like it says “motor...”

It looks like it could be a consumed tag - from the limited screenshot I can't be sure, but it appears as if it's a consumed tag in a device called Motor_PLC. The fact that the tag is called "Read_From_Quad" would back this up.

If you import this tag, but the producing PLC is not yet configured in your ethernet tree, then you'll get this red X. Is there any chance that you initially didn't have Motor_PLC in your communication tree, and subsequently added it in?

P.S. - one way to work out what its problem is, is to right click on the tag and edit it. Change something simple - e.g. add a "1" to the comment - and then click Apply. It will give you an error along the lines of "can't save this tag configuration because the configured producer is invalid" (or whatever the actual error is)