Citect device groups

LCHF

Hi,

I am currently logging alarms to a single device without issues and I am trying to configure my alarms to log to two devices but I am running into problems.

Steps I have tried.

1. Created a second device with name "AlarmSQLDatabase". Original device is called "AlarmDatabase"
  2. Created a group called "AlarmGroup" with association 1 = "AlarmDatabase", association 2 = "AlarmSQLDatabase"
  3. In alarm categories I updated "Log Device" from "AlarmDatabase" to "AlarmGroup" (I had to type this manually as it was not in drop down list).

When I try running it I get "Group not found" error message.

I am running Citect version 5.42

Am I doing something wrong?

Your process is exactly correct.
I think i know what the issue is, can you change the device name "AlarmSQLDatabase" to "AlarmSQLDatabas" in both device and group forms, then pack and compile to see if that fixes it.

No problems, makes it easier to help when you have explained so well what you have done. In case you haven't guessed there is a 15 character limit on device names in the old version of Citect that your running.